Openrice Limited (“Company”) pledges to fully comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong. In doing so, the Company will ensure compliance by its staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in respect of all personal information and data submitted by users (“User(s)”) to it via www.tablemap.com (“Tablemap”) and its sub-domains and the Company will not release such information or data to anyone without prior consent of Users except to the authorized persons listed under paragraph 3 below.
- Purpose of collection of personal data
In the course of using Tablemap, Users may disclose or be asked to provide certain personal information and data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy the Company’s various services, information and promotional materials, it is necessary for it to collect some personal particulars from Users. Although Users are not obliged to provide the data or information as requested on Tablemap, the Company may not be able to render our services and provide the information and promotional materials to Users in the event that Users fail to do so.
The purposes for collection of the information and data on Tablemap include but not limited to the following:
- for the daily operation of services provided to the Users;
- to verify the identity of Users;
- to provide the Users with the online restaurant reservation service or other related services offered by the Company;
- to handle and follow up service calls, enquiries, requests and complaints;
- to deliver to the Users event information, promotional messages and marketing materials (for further details, please refer to paragraph 5 headed “Subscription of Newsletter/Promotional Materials /Marketing Materials” below);
- to contact Users regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to the use of Tablemap, the Users’ membership account maintained with the Company (if any) and/or the services offered by the Company ;
- to compile aggregate statistics about the Users and to analyze Tablemap and service usage for the Company’s internal use;
- to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns; and
- to facilitate the Company and/or its affiliates to use the Users’ personal data for purposes relating to the provision of services offered by the Company and marketing services, special events and/or promotions of the Company, its affiliates and/or their respective clients.
Please note that if the User is under the age of 13, the Company would strongly recommend him/her to seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for him/her, such as your parent or guardian, who may contact the responsible personnel of the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org for registering you as member of Tablemap.
The Company strives to only collect personal data which are necessary and adequate but not excessive in relation to the purposes set out hereinabove.
If the Company requires the use of Users’ personal data for a purpose other than those set out hereinabove, the Company may request the Users’ prescribed consent to the same. If User is a minor, the prescribed consent should be given by his/her parent or guardian.
- Collection of personal data
In relation to members who have signed up to Tablemap, the Company may collect personal information and/or data about Users such as his/her name, log-in ID and password, address, email address, phone number, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience that is/are not otherwise publicly available. Occasionally, the Company may also collect additional personal information and/or data from Users in connection with surveys, promotions or special offers.
Only duly authorized staff of the Company will be permitted to access the Users’ personal information and data, and the Company shall not release such personal information and data to any third parties save and except for the circumstances listed out under the Paragraph 3. entitled “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
- Disclosure or Transfer of Data
The Company agrees to take all practicable steps to keep all Users’ personal information and data confidential and/or undisclosed save and except under the following circumstances whereby the said information and data may be disclosed and/or transferred:
- to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorized by the Company to use the said information and/or data and will facilitate the Company’s services, including without limitation the restaurants which have subscribed to the Company’s online reservation programme at Tablemap and the Company’s designated suppliers of the gift items and/or dining vouchers under our Dining Points Scheme (as defined under the “Terms and Conditions”) who are under a duty of confidentiality;
- to any agents, holding company, subsidiaries, affiliates, associates, branches or representative offices of the Company who have been duly authorized by the Company to use the said information and/or data;
- where permitted under the “Terms and Conditions”;
- where the Company needs to protect and defend our rights and property;
- where the Company considers the Company is required to do so in order to comply with court orders, requests of the law enforcement authorities and applicable laws and regulations; and
- where the Company deems necessary in order to maintain and improve the Company’s services.
Personal data collected via Tablemap may be transferred, stored and processed in any country in which the Company or its affiliates operate. By using Tablemap, Users are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorized us to disclose and/or transfer your personal information and/or data under the circumstances stated above, as well as to any transfer of such information and/or data outside of the Users’ country.
- Links to other websites
Tablemap may provide links to other websites, including without limitation certain social media websites (such as Facebook, Twitter and Sina Weibo). Users’ personal information and data may be collected on these other websites when Users visit the same and/or use the services provided therein. Where and when Users decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on Tablemap which grants you access to another website, Users’ personal information and data which are deemed private and confidential may be exposed on these other websites.
- Subscription of Newsletter/Promotional Materials /Marketing Materials
If Users have registered as member of Tablemap, the Company and/or its affiliates may from time to time send to the Users, by way of emails and/or short message service (SMS) notifications, marketing and promotional materials and information regarding the Company or its third-party advertisers’ products, services and the like based on the personal information and data that the Users have provided to us. The Users may “opt-out” of receiving such marketing and promotional materials at the time of membership subscription at Tablemap. The Company and/or its affiliates may use Users’ data in direct marketing and the Company requires your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- the name, log-in ID and password, contact details, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience held by the Company from time to time may be used by us and/or our authorized personnel or staff in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
- food and beverage related products and services;
- travelling related products and services;
- special events hosted by the Company and/or our affiliates for members and users, including but not limited to courses, workshops and competitions;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and related products and services;
- special offers including coupons, discounts, group purchase offers and promotional campaigns;
- products and services offered by the Company’s affiliates and advertisers (the names of such affiliates and advertisers can be found in the relevant advertisements and/or marketing or promotional materials for the relevant products and services, as the case may be);
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
- the above products, services and subjects may be provided or (in the case of donations and contributions) solicited by the Company and/or:
- the Company’s affiliates;
- third party service providers providing the products, services and subjects listed in paragraph (b) above; and
- charitable or non-profit marking organizations;
- in addition to marketing the above services, products and subject itself, the Company also intends to provide the data described in paragraph (b) above to all or any of the persons described in paragraph (c) above for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects, and the Company requires Users’ written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose;
- the Company may receive money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons in paragraph (d) above and, when requesting Users’ written consent as described in paragraph (d) above, the Company will inform Users if the Company receives any money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons.
Suitable measures are implemented to make available to such members the options to “opt-out” of receiving such materials. In this regard, Users may choose to sign up or unsubscribe for such materials by logging into the registration or user account maintenance webpage, or clicking on the automatic link appearing in each newsletter/message, or contact the Representative of the Company at +852 2170-3280 or email to email@example.com.
Such “opt-out” will not affect your ability to receive from the Company’s fundamental notifications and correspondence (viz. not of marketing or promotional nature) in relation to your use of Tablemap and the services thereat, including but not limited to those sent pursuant to clause 1.7 of the “Terms and Conditions”.
- Cookies and Log Files
The Company does not collect any personally identifiable information from any Users whilst they visit and browse Tablemap, save and except where such information of the Users is expressly requested. When Users access Tablemap, the Company records their visits only and do not collect their personal information or data. Tablemap’s server software will also record the domain name server address and track the pages the Users visit and store such information in “cookies”, and gather and store information like internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data in log files. All these are done without the Users being aware that they are occurring.
The Company does not link the information and data automatically collected in the above manner to any personally identifiable information. The Company generally uses such automatically collected information and data to estimate the audience size of Tablemap, gauge the popularity of various parts of Tablemap, track Users’ movements and number of entries in the Company’s promotional activities and special events, measure Users’ traffic patterns and administer Tablemap. Such automatically collected information and data will not be disclosed save and except in accordance with the Paragraph 3 entitled “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
The security of Users’ personal information and data is important to the Company. The Company will always strive to ensure that Users’ personal information and data will be protected against unauthorized access. The Company has implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure Users’ personal information and data.
Please rest assured that your personal information and data will only be kept by the Company for so long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which they are collected as mentioned in paragraph 1 above, unless Users request the Company to cease to hold the same or terminate your membership account with the Company. Such request may render the Company unable to further provide its services, information and/or promotional materials for your benefit in the future.
The Company uses third party payment gateway service providers to facilitate electronic transactions on Tablemap. Regarding sensitive information provided by Users, such as credit card number for completing any electronic transactions, the web browser and third party payment gateway communicate such information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
The Company follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and data submitted by Users, both during transmission and once the Company receives it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while the Company strives to protect Users’ personal information and data against unauthorized access, the Company cannot guarantee their absolute security.
- Access to or request for correctionof data
The Company would like to help Users keep his/her personal information accurate and up-to-date. To view or edit personal information that has been stored at Tablemap, please visit the “My Account” section of Tablemap.
Any User may make a data access request or a data correction request at any time by contacting the Representative of the Company at +852 2170-3280 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that a User wishes to access or amend his/her personal information and data, we may request him/her to provide personal details in order to verify and confirm his/her identity. HKID card number or passport number or business registration certificate number cannot be amended unless such data is proved to be inaccurate. The Company is required to respond to Users’ request within 40 days of his/her request and will endeavour to do so wherever possible.
Please note that if Users do make a data access request and if the Company deems the same as appropriate, only a copy of your personal data would be provided.
For the security of Users’ membership accounts, Users will be required to sign in with his/her registered email and password.
- Retention of Personal Data
Once the Company has obtained a User’s personal information and/or data, it will be maintained securely in the Company’s system. Subject to legal requirements, the personal information and/or data of Users will be retained by the Company after deactivation of the relevant service until the User requests the Company in writing to erase his/her own personal information and/or data from the Company's database or to terminate his/her membership of Tablemap.
For any query, please contact the Representative of the Company at +852 2170-3280 or email to email@example.com.